Tuesday 20 August 2013

Somerset Place - Guest Blogger.

Hello Lovely people!


The picture above makes me very happy indeed! It's playful, bright and cheery and is a photo of a little flowery project I was rather occupied with last week.

I don't know if you remember a couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I had written an article for the lovely magazine, Artful Blogging.


I was totally thrilled to have been part of this magazine and to get involved with the amazing people at Stampington and company, the people behind the wonderful publication. 

It was a few weeks after I had finished my Artful Blogging post that I was approached to write a guest blog post on the 'Stampington and company' website. I jumped at the chance!
Along with many other publications, a shop, website and studio, Stampington also has a terrific blog called 'Somerset Place'.



It was for Somerset place that I worked on this fun, flowery project and created a little 'how to' blog post for them.

I made my usual step by step picture post that I am ever so fond of. Showing my method to faux flower fabulousness!

Here are a few of the pictures from my tutorial/ guest blog post:


It was a fun project to make. Nothing too complicated and an ideal evening project for a night in front of the television.
Here's another little glimpse at my finished creation:









Felt, woollen and pom pom flowers!!! In bright and bold colours!



A very happy project! the flowers now sit on my chest of drawers looking rather perky and pleased with themselves :-)
Here's a link for those of you that want to check out the blog and the full post over at Somerset Place and maybe give making some fun fake flowers a whirl!!

Until next time, keep crafty!




This post has moved!
You can read an updated and revised version on our new blog.

Click here to read this post in full at it's new home!

14 comments:

  1. So fun! So tidy! One day I will have a whole day to do just this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt,What absolute fun!!!Perfect for childrens bedrooms,classrooms and a quick projects to brighten up a dull room!!!Love it and again,Congrats!!!beautiful post!!!!Have a great day!!!
    Love
    AMarie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial and lovely photos as usual. That's why I'm nominating you for a Liebster Award! http://soknitsome.wordpress.com/2013/08/23/oh-gosh-another-award/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello lovely boy ! My very first time here. Just found your page while surfing on Internet ... immediately entered and immediately fallen in love ! I love the way you write, I love your creations, I love your blog so colorfull. I hope you don't mind if I sign this blog on my favourites.
    Hugs from the burnt and hot Italy! Marilena

    p.s.: my favourite bunch of flowers are those on the White pot !! So round, soft and coloured !

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats, your blog is breathe taking such beautiful photography

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! I LOVE the sunflower:)

    Jenn @ JennsCraftyWorld

    ReplyDelete
  7. Olá, tudo joia?!
    Está lindo seu blog, amo artesanatos e você é fera no que faz!!!
    Já estou te seguindo...
    Segue o meu tbm, eu iria adorar!!!
    http://manyelly.blogspot.com.br/
    Sucesso para você!!!
    Bjo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic and marvelous pictures.I like this blog so much .
    Yellowstone National Park usa .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me gusta tu blog, tus ideas y tus colores. Me quedo aquí contigo.
    http://muyclara.blogspot.com.es/
    Saludos desde Barcelona (Spain)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Matt! came accross your blog after reading your interview on the altest issue of Inside crochet. Was really taken by the colours (I'm a bit of a colour junkie myself!) I've just been browsing through your blog all morning, and love it (in my favourites right away)

    ReplyDelete
  12. well done again..stampington are a great company to get published by and well deserved too as your projects and blog is great

    ReplyDelete