Friday 9 November 2012

Very Lucky!!!

Hello There!!! How have you all been?
I've been great,! A tad spoiled to say the least! It was my Birthday on Sunday and I had a day full of fun and friends.
I'll be honest with you, I don't really look forward to my Birthdays, I don't enjoy the attention (sounds wierd I know!).  I like to keep things relatively small and just spend it with my close family and friends.
This year I really wasn't planning anything. I'd taken the day off from work and wanted a day of "ME". A day by myself doing the things I wanted. That's what I was looking forward to. 

So Sunday morning I woke up with my free day ahead of me. I opened up the cards and the gifts my family had sent.


As always Mum had sent me a supply of chocolate!! What would I do without her!?


Much to my delight, I also received some books.

I then sat at my kitchen table not really knowing what to do?!
Something had changed. I was no longer excited by the prospect of being by myself on my Birthday. I was alone in my apartment and it dawned on me that I was away from my family and I knew my friends would soon be heading to work. I hate to say it, but...I guess I was feeling a little lonely. Something I really don't feel often. I'm usually perfectly content doing my own thing and when I have nothing to do I pull out some thing "crafty".  Hmmmmmmm?

Thank God I got the call from work saying too many people had called in sick. They needed me to go in! I guess, a blessing in disguise.
I ended up  going to the theatre and having a lovely day with my colleagues and friends.
We played two shows and then a group of about 10 of us went out to a lovely Mexican restaurant for a Birthday drink.


We had so much fun! Talking about everything and sharing funny stories! I really felt (not only a little drunk, but also) very lucky to have such great friends.
Not only did they treat me to my yummy meal and one too many cocktails, they also bought me a lovely present!
A bag full of crafting supplies!!!!!!



Now you know when people are really your friends, when the "get" you. These guys totally "get" me. I could not think of a more suitable and perfect present! It was really super sweet of them!
I received an assortment of lovely yarn!!


Also a lovely crafting treasure chest filled to the brim with crafting treasure!!

Glitter, felt and glass beads........


Googly eyes and decorative keys....


Pipe-cleaners, feathers and ladybugs.....


 Butterflies, baskets, pots and little hearts....


It really was a super gift and I'm definitely going to be making some good use of these supplies!!!
It turned out to be a lovely day!! I am very very lucky!! Thankyou!!!
Now to get stuck into some of those books :-)
Matt xxx
This post has moved!
You can read an updated and revised version on our new blog.

Click here to read this post in full at it's new home!

26 comments:

  1. What a lovely surprise Birthday Matt...and such good friends.. and your Mum... ahhh I love anyone who sends chocolate!! Happy belated birthday from me too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Birthday from me too. It's great you had a wonderful day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday from me after all :) good luck with finding purpouses for those nifty things

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fantastic birthday, it is strange how a much looked forward to treat (the day off) doesn't quite "do it" when the time comes, but a totally impromptu and unexpected day does. What great friends who know exactly what you like! you still have that's day's holiday to enjoy as well since you didn't take it, bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice! I am glad you had a nice birthday. Happy(belated)Birthday!.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so glad you had such a happy day--you richly deserve it! can't wait to see what you do w/ all those new crafting goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated Birthday and it sound you had a wonderful day after all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew there must be a good reason why I like you and love reading your blog Matt.... You share a birthday with my granddaughter Miss M, you share my passion for crafting, and maybe most importantly my love of Cadbury's chocolate!!! Happy belated birthday Matt!
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated Birthday Matt, I love the crafty chest - what gorgeous friends you have! (One I recognise I'm sure...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhh Blessed you are! Belated Birthday wishes. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday! Glad you enjoyed your day. Couldn't agree more - friends who "get" it really are the ones you want! Sadly we have to make do with others that don't far too often!

    Looking forward to seeing what you do with all those goodies!

    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many happy returns!What a great gift!
    AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy belated birthday!!!
    xxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. .•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*...
    *...*...*.....*...*...*...*...。。
    ●/•˚。˚ 。˚。
    /▌。˚。。˚。
    / \ ˚。。Happy,Happy birtday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday. Great gifts to spend some ME-time when you feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is a true friend indeed who gives you googly eyes for your birthday. :) Glad you were able to spend it with good people. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A belated Happy Bithday! It is so good when we feel a bit down, to find we do have good friends. And friends who offer you crafting supplies are excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday sounds like a perfect day to me..I recently celebrated my birthday with a holiday to Villanova in Spain..well it was my 50th..I think you have a long way to go till then..;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* Matt! What great friend you have and what a fun birthday!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday Matt! I'm glad you ended up having such a lovely day with good friends!
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Friends who really get you are THE BEST KIND! So glad to hear your B-Day was a good one!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy belated birthday Matt!! It's funny how days don't turn out quite how you expect them to but it sounds like yours turned into a most brilliant day! What a lovely gift to receive from your friends. Hope you are having a good weekend Joanna xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Birthday - albeit late - Matt! What an *amazing* lot of gifts you got! Your friends really do get you, you'll be sure to have a lot of fun with all those bits & bobs :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Matt, Just stumbled on your blog and I love it (as I also do love your creations, your job and the fact that you're a November 4th Scorpio, me too!) So happy birthday (a bit late) ans I look forward to even more colourful and amazing creations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment!