Monday 13 June 2011

Cupcakes

Today was my last day off before I go back to work tomorrow, the prospect of working is quite exciting me!
I've had the best two weeks off, not rushing around and doing what ever I want with no time restrictions. I've been eating lots of yummy food so working out also needs to start again tomorrow!

Its been such a joy spending so much time with Dennis before he leaves on his next cruise ship contract at the end of the week. We have done so many nice things together but I've especially loved our time at home working on separate projects always in full conversation with each other.


Two nights ago I tried making my first crocheted Amagurumi strawberry. It was so fast and easy to make that since then I've been hooked on making food. Not sure what I'm going to do with all of this inedible food? At least it has been a lot of fun to make. It also looks pretty cool, if I do say so myself :-)


Today was another very breezy day. Once again full of lots of yummy things, Including all of the little things I made.

The first being a little slice of chocolate pie. I found the pattern on Ravelry and thought i'd give it ago, It was surprisingly simple although it looks harder than it actually is.
I even placed it on a plate with a fork as if I was going to eat it. Good job I didn't,  I'm thinking this would give you major fur ball!


Next out of the oven came a little Bakewell Tart. I was really pleased with how this turned out and especially enjoyed taking pictures of it with Instagram on my ipad.


Made with the same pattern, I gave a little Cherry pie a try. I adapted the topping with a little bit of hooky improv.


Finally the one I'm most proud of, my little Jammy dodger. I used to love these when I was smaller. I'm still quite partial to them now :-)
I made this pattern up myself and was sooooo happy with how it turned out. I may even give it another go sometime soon and give writing out the pattern a try. 

 
After making all of this delicious looking cakes I had to end the day off with a little something sweet. 

We have this very cute little Cupcake store just behind our apartment. You pick the type of cake you want and they fill it and frost them whilst you wait. They even have a delivery service where they deliver your cupcake order in their little cupcake van.


The cakes are very sweet, you can barely eat a whole one. But they are so nice as a gift or as a little treat once in a while. 
I chose a chocolate filled Oreo cupcake with chocolate frosting! DELICIOUS!


Such a nice way to end my break from work :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-):-) :-)


This post has moved!
You can read an updated and revised version on our new blog.

Click here to read this post in full at it's new home!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh lovely. My favourite was the Jammy dodger looks so so sweet.

    Hope work is ok and Dennis gets off ok.

    Kind regards (& thanks for the follow) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your crochet food. How cute is that cupcake van! I think I'm going to need a chocolate fix now after seeing that cupcake yummy! Joanna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww how cute is that food?! My little girl would love these! I must try them... although the extent of my crochet is coasters and flowery granny squares! (Found your blog via instagram by the way, love your creativity!) x

    ReplyDelete